Circa 1996, Ian Modestow and Michelle Kersbergen discovered a passion for wine and the culture of wine in the Loire Valley of France. Poor college students then, they camped at a small local vineyard while traveling the French countryside, and from there, a spark lit, beginning the fire that expanded to other adventures of discovery, traveling to new wine regions with the desire to learn more. Twenty-one years later with many experiences behind them, Ian and Michelle decided to set off on their own, creating Black Birch Vineyard and never forgetting their first encounter.
Discover, learn, and share your love of wine and experiences with others as we offer a night of camping at the vineyard on Friday, July 20th-Sat. July 21st! The evening consists of the following:
- Check in, set up, and settle in at 6:30 pm
- Receive a complimentary bottle of wine of your choice (exclusive of Ruby Port), a fresh baguette, and a hunk of local cheese
- Take a guided vineyard walk and tour led by owner Ian Modestow
- Join the community campfire, socializing, sharing stories, and enjoying BBV wine
- Enjoy bagels, coffee, and juice served in the morning
- Pack up by 11 AM and leave with some great memories!
This event is limited to 15 tents (tents only) and the Rain Date will be held the following night-- Sat, July 21st - Sun, July 22nd.
Reserve your spot here!
BBV Member: $65/tent - 2 adults max or family General Public: $80/tent - 2 adults max or family
Well-behaved dogs welcome!